Friday, June 3, 2011

2004 Chrysler Sebring idle is racing after air filter change?

I changed the air filter and now the idle is racing. It happened the last time I change the filter and ended up taking to the dealer. They said it was a vacumm hose had come loose. I checked all around and cannot see anything that got unplugged by mistake. Where would a hose be that might cause the idle to race. The only thing that was unplugged was the hose to the air filter canister and a small little sensor that was plugged into the breathr tube going into the throttle body. I have checked everywhere under the hood and I cannot see anything unplugged or loose. This is the second time that this has happened while changing the air filter and it is maddening.|||Something is not hooked up. You may have a vacuum leak somewhere. You can also use propane to find this leak. You take an unlit propane torch and start running it around certain areas (Letting the propane flow). When you get close to the leak, the engine will change pitch. You can also use carb cleaner and starting fluid, but propane is the safest. Don%26#039;t disregard this answer B/C I am a female. My husband is a mechanic with over 15 years experience and this is what he told me to say. Good luck!|||this sounds like a vaccum leak...under the hood, most likely on the hood but if not then you will see a white sticker which gives the vaccum hose routing diagram...just look there and follow the diagram and you will find the hose which is disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment