Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing your car's air filter: should you do it or your mechanic?

I%26#039;m looking through my car%26#039;s manual (1992 Acura Integra) on changing the air filter. It seems pretty straight forward and I think I can do it myself- but I%26#039;m by no means a mechanic.





I was wondering if maybe the manual has left out certain important steps that I might not know about.|||You shouldn%26#039;t have a problem, that has to be one of the easiest things to change, normally even if you have a mechanic do it they just charge for the parts, it%26#039;s so easy they don%26#039;t charge labor, Good luck!|||If A Mechanic Was Free Then It Would Be A Good Choice But Since The Manual Is Straight Foward I Think You Should Go For it ^_^|||go by the auto parts store and ask them...they will help you|||No, my hubby does it in about 5 minutes.|||do it yourself. it%26#039;s simple.|||No, it%26#039;s very easy. Go for it.|||Changing air filters is VERY easy. Do it yourself.





If it%26#039;s a K%26amp;N performance filter or something and needs to be oiled then be careful not to use too much oil. If it%26#039;s stock, it%26#039;s as easy as it looks. Take out the old, put in the new, and you%26#039;re done.|||Changing the filter(s) are pretty simple, it will take less than 5 minutes if its easy to get to or about ten minutes if there are other things in the way.


Let me tell you I am no mechanic but I try to do my own work. It is pretty simple.|||My car is a 1993 Ford and the air filter compartment has four screws and that%26#039;s it. It%26#039;s very simple to change. Just to to Discount Auto or Pep Boys or Autozone and ask the person at the counter. Or look at the Haines manual for that car if they have it.|||If you can get it it, do it your self. Get a paper towel too and wipe out where it sits.





Most cars now you have to take out a few things to get to it.





It%26#039;s the easiest thing to change on a car. I cant even flippin%26#039; see mine...|||It%26#039;s almost as easy as pumping gas.





Take off the cover.


Take the old one out (that%26#039;s the hard part, along with getting the right filter).


Put the new one in.


Replace the cover.





I learned to do it myself.|||Changing you air filter is generally an easy task. If you cannot figure it out on your own, any local oil/lube center should do it as a courtesy while changing your oil. Heck, maybe even just this by itself.|||Air filters are one of the easiest and cheapest things you can do. If your manual is showing you that it is easy it probably is. Just make sure you get the right one for your car. Changing your filter helps gas mileage so change it every 10k or so.|||Changing an air filter on your Integra is the easiest maintenance procedure you can do yourself. Have faith, and tackle it. You%26#039;ll be impressed with yourself.|||your manual will tell you everyting you need to know. but its a piece of cake. yes you should be able to do it.|||it is fairly easy and i work at a parts store and we dont charge to help people so try out your local parts store if you are in doubt|||This is very easy but I dont know your car knowledge level, I suggest you log on to Mitchell1.com, this is the web site auto shop use for their tech support it%26#039;s very easy - Once you log on there is a section under do it your self. They charge 10. dollars per model but you have acces to every part of your car.|||It%26#039;s pretty easy.. I%26#039;m a woman without ANY mechanic experience and I can change the filter.. I bought a reuseable, filter that you can clean... Just go to the autoparts store and they can help you...


good luck|||it really is as easy as you think. you can take it to a mechanic if you want to though, end up payin for other **** that %26quot;just so happen%26quot; to be wrong with your car.|||just look for a box looking thing and turn the screws . ps if you hit oil your not rich you just fu*%26amp;ed up your car|||It is easy just be shure that you know how the old one was sitting in it its realy simple to do.and you will save more money than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment