Friday, June 3, 2011

Why does my truck hesitate to start after changing my air filter?

I have a 1999 Dodge 1500. I recently changed the oil and the filters. It started fine before the change but now it hesitates when I start it. I am sure I used the right air filter and other parts. Could this just be a coincidence or is it normal for it to hesitate after changing filters?|||You missed a vacuum line or the filter box is not attached to the intake correctly, there is a tab on the clamp that needs to be lined up correctly.|||This should not happen. Maybe you need a tune up? When was the last time the spark plugs and plug wires were changed?|||When you change the filter, you should make it a habit to clean out your throttle body and most of all, the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE. You may have changed the air input, and the control valve is too dirty to keep up with the change you have made. GOOD LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment