Friday, June 3, 2011

Do I need to change my cabin air filter?

I was wondering what impact not replacing my cabin air filter has on my car. I know changing the other filters such as engine air and oil filters are essential...





I changed my cabin air filter once but neglected to for my most recent interval and its tens of thousands of miles past the interval...





Am I doing any serious damage to my car? Or am I just breathing dirty air?|||Technically, you could concievably do damage over the long term to the HVAC blower motor. Now, don%26#039;t get your panties in a bunch it isn%26#039;t life or death. What you will notice is that airflow from your dash vents will decrease as fresh air can%26#039;t get through the cabin air filter. You don%26#039;t say what kind of car you have, so I don%26#039;t know if the air going into the HVAC system is filtered or if the filter is after the HVAC system and filtering air directly before it gets blown into the passenger compartment. Are you doing serious damage by not changing it? No. Are you breathing dirty air? Only if you pull the filter completely out. Think about it...would a dirty filter actually flow more dirty air? No. For the price of a filter, why not just step up to the plate and do it?|||just dirty air


it can%26#039;t hurt the car at all, and they can last a long time and still work fine|||just breathing dirty air|||if you have allergies it is a good idea otherwise I doubt it matters that much|||yeesh.


Ok... the dirty air folks don%26#039;t quite have it.





The filter, while IT is dirty, will not allow the dirty air to PASS THROUGH it. Your filter will eventually get clogged, and not allow as much air to pass through it causing your ventilation to not work properly.





Depending on the air quality, dust, etc. you don%26#039;t have to worry about changing it at EVERY interval. You should be okay if you missed one changing.





Hope this helps!|||it will be fine if you havnt changed the filter for a few intervals, they dont tend to clog in normal driving conditions and there more of a pollen filter than anything else to help those with pollen allergies thats why some people call them pollen filters

No comments:

Post a Comment