Friday, June 3, 2011

How often should I change my air filter in my SUV?

I have a 2004 Saturn View and I have pretty much kept up on my oil changes. But I don%26#039;t ever remember having my air filter changed.|||I change the one on my truck every 6k. The filter turns completely gray by 6k on mine.|||Normally you should have it cleaned or replaced with every oil change,but everyone%26#039;s opinion varies some shops offer this service when you get the oil changed|||Should be every service - 12 months or 10-12k miles. They are usually pretty cheap to buy and easy to fit so no real reason not to!|||If you drive gravel roads and the car is always covered with road dust, change it with every oil change. Otherwise 10K is soon enough. Take a piece of masking tape and write down the last change mileage. Stick that tape on the air cleaner cover..|||At least every 10,000 miles|||There is really no mileage interval it really just depends on your environment conditions as to when the filter gets dirty ie city driving,dirt roads ect.i have 19k on my car and the filter still looks as new.Being an 04 it should have defiantly been changed out a few times. just look to see if its caked with black dirt/fuzz if it is then its a good idea to replace.Theres nothing wrong with changing it sooner than it needs to be, such as every 12k miles it won%26#039;t hurt it, just spending extra $$ on something not yet needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment