Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Money saved by changing electric furnace filter?

How much has anyones electric bill dropped(electric furnace) by changing a restricted air filter?
Money saved by changing electric furnace filter?
a bit. hard to calculate, but the fan works less and a space gets more heater, faster, so a space needs the heat on less.



I would guess that you could save one KWH per day. it's an immediate savings because it costs little.



I have a gas furnace. this you should consider, as that will save you a lot. all you have now is a large toaster with a fan on it:)
Money saved by changing electric furnace filter?
I doubt you are going to get an answer to your question. Obviously, everyone says to change filters regularly, use higher efficiency filters, etc., but am not sure most people keep track of how much money they saved. Temps change, resulting in furnace run time differences, etc.

You might try your county extension office, or your local electricity provider for answer, but I still doubt you will get some kind of reliable response due to the variables.

All I can say is I change mine regularly, and in winter and hotter summers, I see much more junk in them since the unit is running more. So, changing would probably save, but I don't know how much. The easier the air moves the less your unit will run, but you have to have the filter or you will just be recirculating the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment