Friday, September 23, 2011

Which air filter should I buy for my Katana 600?

It's a 1995 Katana 600 with 20,000 miles. I don't remember ever changing the air filter. BikeBandit.com lists the following: OEM $37, K%26amp;N $71, EMGO $17, UNI $31. I mostly commute to work, but sometime go for a ride on some nice SoCal mountain roads.
Which air filter should I buy for my Katana 600?
I'd get the K%26amp;N or the UNI they are both great filters although the K%26amp;N allows increased air flow through the engine giving better gas flow giving you in turn better throttle response.
Which air filter should I buy for my Katana 600?
Personnally I like to get the K%26amp;N because it flows a lot more air than the stock ones and lets your engine %26quot;breathe%26quot; better and they are also reusable so you never have to buy another one.



BUT, if you dont plan on keeping the bike for much longer and it does have a LOT of miles on it for a %26quot;rice burner%26quot; I would just get the cheap one.



Now if you were talking about a Harley(which at 20K is just broke in)I would get the K%26amp;N.
if i was you i'd get a k%26amp;n airfilter they are the vbest one in the world and are really easy to clean and will last longer then your machine will.

No comments:

Post a Comment