Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Question about Air filter in my 2003 chevy monte carlo ss?

I dont really know anything about auto parts but i just changed the air filter in my monte carlo the other day, and it seems like its not running as smoothly..? i bought a different brand than what was in it before, does this make a difference? also does anyone have one of these cars who could tell me what i can do to increase the cars power or acceleration so it runs better?
Question about Air filter in my 2003 chevy monte carlo ss?
I own a shop, and think this; It sounds like you have a plugged up fuel filter. A good rule of thumb is; to change both of these at the same time. Also; Go back over the job you did, and see if there is a hose that you left off, or a connector wire that's not plugged in good. I would also suggest you go over all your vacuum hoses to see if any are split where they plug on, fits loose, fell off, or weather cracked %26amp; sucking vacuum.

A couple of things to do; Add a good cold air induction %26amp; filter system, and add a bottle of STP (black bottle only) to at least 3/4 of a tank of fuel, about twice a month, and you should see the difference in power as well as mileage. I use BP or Amaco high grade fuel. I know.... it cost more, but you will get much better mileage, and the fuel will last a lot longer. I have a 94 S-10 Blazer that gets right at 30 mpg on the highway. Thats not bad for a Vortec V-6 with over 250,000 miles on it.

Glad to help out, Good Luck!!!
Question about Air filter in my 2003 chevy monte carlo ss?
well the brand of any would be ok should nt cause it to run bad.... i like k%26amp;n filters seem like they give more and last a bvit longer.... maybe you didnt get it back in the way it shoul dbe or you knock something loose doing it... if it was running better before you did it......if not you needed to replace something else like plugs or fuel filter

No comments:

Post a Comment