Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What is the best air filter I can buy for my 2004 Toyota Sienna LE?

I've had my car for over 5 years and I have never changed the air filter.It has such a bad odor.Please help.
What is the best air filter I can buy for my 2004 Toyota Sienna LE?
NAPA auto parts stores boxes their own cabin (car interior) air filters with the NAPA add on the box. Actually all their filters are made by the Wix filtration company. If you have a bad odor coming from your air conditioner or fresh air duct-work.

Please lend me your ear! This is no joke. You may have a fungus actually growing inside the air conditioning duct-work. New car dealerships have the equipment that runs a strong chemical fog through the duct-work for up to 45-60 minutes that absolutely kills bacteria and fungus.



If you are talking about your engine air filter you still can't beat NAPA filters.
What is the best air filter I can buy for my 2004 Toyota Sienna LE?
Fram



Your air filter should be changed about once a year.



Stick with the disposable filters and change them when you should.



I would stay away from the washable oiled gauze filters. If you won't take the time to change a filter, you most certainly won't take the time to wash and oil a filter.
Any air filter. The first one your hand touches that is the right part number.
You will not smell your air filter inside your vehicle unless you are referring to the in cab filter. If so, buy a Fram.
If you are going to keep the car for a while, I'd recommend a K%26amp;N high flow air filter. You never have to change it, when it does get dirty you clean it and recharge it with a special oil, it gives slight improvements in performance and gas mileage by allowing more and better (less turbulent) airflow into the combustion chamber. They do cost more upfront, but over the long term it's worth it.
some vehicles now have a cabin air filter, filters the air that goes in the interior. if you have an odor inside the vehicle, the

engine air filter has nothing to do with that. if you haven't changed the engine air filter in 5 years, change it today, it'll

help with performance and gas mileage greatly. you can buy

a deodorant for the smell, check with a parts store for that and the cabin air filter, it'll smell brand new with those two items, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment