Thursday, September 15, 2011

I've lost a lot of power in my '98 Nissan Sentra. Changed spark plugs & air filter. What else can I do?

I recently changed the spark plugs and air filter in my car, but a lot of the power is lost that I once had. Can changing the fuel filter help with that? It's been a long time since I've done that. Any further suggestions on improving the power without adding unnecessary items? Thanks.
I've lost a lot of power in my '98 Nissan Sentra. Changed spark plugs %26amp; air filter. What else can I do?
First off, check your radiator levels. later 90's Nissans had a lot of problems with head gaskets and suck leaking. Check underneath to see if you have an oil leak, (if its leaking oil, its a good sign you are losing compression) The condition and quality of the oil is an important indicator as well, as there may be coolant/water in the oil. When it is running, listen for any sounds coming from the engine that sound like air being sucked in. A broken or corroded PCV, EGT, or EVAC valve will all cause a loss of power.
I've lost a lot of power in my '98 Nissan Sentra. Changed spark plugs %26amp; air filter. What else can I do?
changing the fuel filter will help some.also take your car to your dealer and ask them to perform an induction service to clean your fuel system for optimum performance
Change fuel filter... then have someone check cylinder compression; check exhaust for odd coloring (gray, black, belchy, etc)
tune up filter fuel treatment check exhaust go to auto zone have it scan maybe
It sure couldnt hurt
Each cyl has there own coil check them

No comments:

Post a Comment