Thursday, September 15, 2011

Water pouring into passenger side floor after changing cabin air filter.?

I just changed my cabin air filter out in my 2004 Ford Taurus. It seemed like a real simple project. I took out the old filter and replaced it with the new one. Then there are four plastic nubs that snap back in to the metal. It only goes one way. But yet I have a bad seal around the bottom of the windshield that kind of bows out a little, and that allows the water to pour in. I've checked it over and over but the only explanation I can come up with is the plastic piece somehow became warped and now has to be replaced. Is there a trick to this? I don't want to spend $500 bucks on a piece of plastic. Help!
Water pouring into passenger side floor after changing cabin air filter.?
first remove the cover and filter check to see if the drain hole is pluged you can use a litthe silicone to seal it (the cover not the hole) if you think it needs it also check to see if the drain holes are pluged under the hood



also call the dealer they had a recal on some of thease fot the drains pluging up they will tell you over the phone if yours is on the list
Water pouring into passenger side floor after changing cabin air filter.?
Clear acryllic sealant.
get some clear silicone and run a bead around the windshield and also around the piece of plastic thats warped, let it set up to a rubber feel before installing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment