Thursday, October 6, 2011

Air Filter, I was Changing my cars air filter and I touched the clean side of the filter with dirty fingers?

from touching under the hood and got a few small dirt smudges on the clean side of filter. I know this will get sucked into the engine. Do you think its enough to cause any damage or will it just burn off? not a lot of dirt just more than the zero I would like to have gotten on it. Thanks
Air Filter, I was Changing my cars air filter and I touched the clean side of the filter with dirty fingers?
Blow it out with compressed air or clean it out as best you can, it is not cause for great alarm if its as minute as you say. It will not cause any damage if you clean it at best you can. good luck
Air Filter, I was Changing my cars air filter and I touched the clean side of the filter with dirty fingers?
No Worries,

If it's just a grease smudge like you got on your T-shirt, then it's totally harmless.



There is nothing in this area to burn off.

Only cold fresh air enters through here.
No damage. It'll either burn off or the oil will suck it up.
If the engine has not yet been started then you can remove the filter and clean it off. If it is just dust a good shaking might be enough to do it. If it is grease, then you can probably get rid of it with a standard paint thinner (NOT lacquer thinner) and let it dry. Just wet a paint brush with the thinner and brush away the dirt, then pour some through from the top and it will remove the balance. That will take away any large particles and any stains will not matter. Let the filter dry before re-installing it.



If all you did was get a tiny bit of dirt on your fingers it will not have any serious effect on the engine.







Small particles will first get sucked into the cylinders and most will be burned away and leave in the exhaust, others will get picked up by the oil and then the oil filter will catch them.





Anything left will be of no consequence, since you started with such a tiny amount.
  • database
  • advise for birth control
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment