Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I need to change my air filter on my 98 Honda CBR F3?

Can some one tell me how to take the gas tank off? I see the two screws one on the top and one on the bottom. but what about the hoses on the bottom of the tank? thank you for your help.
I need to change my air filter on my 98 Honda CBR F3?
Remove the seat.

Turn the petcock to OFF

Remove the petcock lever (insert a long thin blade phillips head screw driver to loosen the screw)

Remove the front %26amp; rear bolts holding the tank on.

Lift the tank and remove the fuel line.

Remove the 2 hoses from the bottom of the tank.

Remove the tank.
I need to change my air filter on my 98 Honda CBR F3?
as for the hoses

turn the petcock off and pull the hoses off.... but that might still leak(honda does some weird things) so have a 5 gallon gas can on hand, just in case.





don't waste your money on a manual..... the only thing that they tell you that isn't common sense is torque and valve specs
The first thing you do is to go and get yourself a service manual. A Clymer manual for this bike only costs $34 + shipping. A service manual will pay for itself the very first time you use it.



A service manual will have detailed step by step instructions on how to service your bike, including servicing the air filters.



With a service manual you will no longer need to depend on strangers on the Internet for your maintenance procedures. You will no longer need to decide if the procedure from these strangers is accurate or just a bunch of B.S. I find it amazing how much B.S. someone will give on Yahoo Answers for a measly 2 points.



So get yourself a service manual and do it right



Or



Start taking stuff off of your bike. Continue to take stuff off of your bike until you find the air filters. Take more stuff off of your bike until the air filters come out.



Put in new air filters. Start putting stuff back on your bike until you run out of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment