Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why is my air conditioner still freezing after I changed the filter?

I forgot to change the filter of my air conditioner unit for a whole year (whoops!) and just thought about it the other day, at which time I opened it up and found that the whole thing, although running fine, was frozen over and dripping all over the floor. I let it thaw out then changed the filter, but it still keeps freezing over every time I turn it on now. How can I fix this, or do I need to call a technician?
Why is my air conditioner still freezing after I changed the filter?
only 2 reasons for it to freeze over 1 dirty a-coil...since you went a year without changing your filter this could be the only problem....2 low on freon...this means you have a leak somewhere...it is legal to just have it recharged...but i would recommend you get it fixed when your cooler seasons starts
Why is my air conditioner still freezing after I changed the filter?
It is low on freon
your air conditioner have a leak or also can be the compresor burn out but fist thing you have to chek is the capasitor
if it works some times check collant lvls if it doesnt work at all it could be the fan in the box outside the home not working.
Turn it on low cool. If you have a dehumidifier, run it.
most likely you are low on freon and will need a technician to recharge your unit.
TRY HOSING OR CLEANING THE COIL`S
It's low on freon
Take a water hose and clean the coils. This would be the cheapest way If it works you have saved money but if it does not. Check the cost of getting old one fixed compared to buying new one. ACs right now are going down in price because most places teh season is almost over. Shop around before you decide to fix old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment