Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Where can I find the air filter in a Lennox central air unit in the garage of a condo so I can change it?

I cannot seem to find it anywhere...I unscrewed the sheet metal from the front of the unit...There is nothing to unscrew on the sides or back...I changed the Humidifier filter without a problem, but cant find the central air filter.........Thanks...
Where can I find the air filter in a Lennox central air unit in the garage of a condo so I can change it?
Determine which duct is the Return (cold) air-- examine that. The air is filtered before being heated.



Filters are RARELY sealed in with screws... look for pull-handles or hand grasps along the duct.



Do you have an electrostatic cleaner? You would then probably have no disposable filter.... but the cleaner plates and pre-filters would need washing.



Call the installing company if you know who it was.

Call a Lenox Installer if you don't.
Where can I find the air filter in a Lennox central air unit in the garage of a condo so I can change it?
Call Lennex with the model number.
The filter is located in the return air duct.

The filter will be located either in the return air duct at the furnace, in a wall filter grill (such as in a hall way), or it could even be in a filter grill in the ceiling.

Sometimes the filter is located behind a panel in the furnace itself. This panel can usually be removed with out any tools there are usually thumb latches.
Try Wal Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment