Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How often should I change the air filter in my car ?

You should inspect it every time you have the oil changed. Replace it when it is dirty. The frequency that you have to change the air filter will vary on the area you live in and drive in. If you live in an area with a lot of dirt roads it will need to be changed more often. If you have a shop change your oil be sure to ask them to check the filter and ask them to see it.



EDIT

The answer above mine (soup notzee) was totally uncalled for and should be reported to YA as abuse!
How often should I change the air filter in my car ?
when its too dirty to be useful
How often should I change the air filter in my car ?
the manual says 30K miles but mine was still very clean. check it once a month or so ( when you check your tires ) and replace as needed.
If you hold it up to the light and no light gets through, it needs changing. Check it in the spring and the fall.
EVERY 12 MONTHS OR 7500 MILES.
hi j j! it just depends on where you drive your car. if you drive on dusty roads then i say change it more often. about all you can do is take it out and look at it.
They should check air filter when you get the oil changed. Beware of Jiffy Lube however. Twice they told me that my air filter needed changing. Twice I told them no. I then took my car back to my car dealer and both times, he told me that the air filter did NOT need changing, as it was not dirty enough to do so.
You should change the filter everytime you change the air in your tires and top off the headlight fluids. I suggest twice a year. You could also rotate your brake lights and charge the cigar lighter, but these are optional. Check with your mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment