Thursday, October 6, 2011

How often should I change the air filter in my '97 Mustang. I live in Southern California. The Jiffy Lube

guys want me to change it every time they change my oil.
How often should I change the air filter in my '97 Mustang. I live in Southern California. The Jiffy Lube
They are probably trying to increase their work and PAYy.



If you only drive on the highways, it will last MUCH longer than an oil change.



IF you leave on a dusty road, it will have to be changed more often than if you drive on the highway only.



The best bet is for YOU to open up the holder and look at it. IF it is dirty and/or clogged up with bugs and junk, it is time to change it. SOME air filters are cleanable. You might check on that also. Good luck. Pops
How often should I change the air filter in my '97 Mustang. I live in Southern California. The Jiffy Lube
Every 15,000 miles or so, unless you drive through dirt roads or construction sites all of the time, no need to replace every oil change, they just want you to buy filters.
i own a repair shop,and you only need to change it every 3-4 months at the most,some will last a lot longer than others will ,it all depends on the filter and the driving conditions but a good filter will last at least4 months on any car,good luck,i hope this help,s.
every time you change your oil change your air filter
check this video out, STOP using jiffy lube centers. this is in your area where you live.





http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ib鈥?/a>
First, check your owners manual. There are generally a couple of recomendations, dependent on driving conditions you experience, and you should pick the one that best matches what driving you do. Obviously, the Jiffy guys are trying to get into your pockets more often than is necessary. Self education is easy and in your glove box.

No comments:

Post a Comment