Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Help changing oil filter on 06 accord v6 lx?

Hi guys, I'm having a lot of problems changing the air filter on my 06 accord v6 lx. I unscrew the casing but I'm unable to take the air filter out. I can't move the casing enough to take out the air filter. The air hose the case is connected won't move far enough to remove the air filter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Help changing oil filter on 06 accord v6 lx?
As with all modern vehicles size constraints greatly reduce the amount of working room underneath the hood. Having owned 5 Hondas myself I know what you are up against trying to replace your air filter. I would go to the Honda dealership and have the service department counter photocopy the page in the manufacturers repair manual that explains the steps in replacing the filter. Read it thoroughly and keep it close while you work through the process. It has worked for me before on a lot of other repairs. Try it out. Good luck.
Help changing oil filter on 06 accord v6 lx?
Oh god if you can't do this then you really shouldn't be anywhere near a car let alone fill up the window washer fluid.
Tighten it back up, take it to a JiffyLube and let them change the filter for you (you can take your new filter with you). Watch how they do it and next time you will know the procedure, but for now, you will be getting the job done correctly and without getting your hands dirty, and learning something new.
There's probably something else you have to take off first. Go to your library, and check out a manual for your car. You should find all your answers there.
buy a manual from repco its will show you how, usually you have to just slip ur hand in the small gap and pull it out (you will scratch you hand) thats wat i have to do with my civic

No comments:

Post a Comment