Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Air filter in a 2006 Highlander Hybrid?

My owner's manual shows me where to change the AC air filter (right behind the glove compartment) but I can't find anything on the regular air filter.



Is it located in the box at the top, near the front center (what looks like a typical air filter box), and is there any reason why I shouldn't change it myself rather than paying $50 for the service garage to do it?



I used to change the air filter in my Explorer with no problem, but the service manager at my Toyota place tried to dissuade me from doing so with my Highlander.
Air filter in a 2006 Highlander Hybrid?
Not sure which engine you have in this vehicle but it shouldnt be too difficult to change. According to the time guide it should only take 0.2 of an hour to change on a 3.3 3MZ-FE.
Air filter in a 2006 Highlander Hybrid?
Change it yourself and save the money. Just make sure all the clips are put back on and the box seals.
Of course the service manager doesn't want you to do it yourself, it'll lose him easy easy money on what is one of the simplest DIY jobs on any car.



The air box should simply unclip. Just open it up and drop in the correct new filter element.
Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an auto mechanic
it is usually located in the box at the top, near the front center and you should do it yourself to save you costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment