Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do i change/remove my car's air filter?

Yeah, my car is about to reach 55k and I'm going to change the air filter, spark plugs, along with oil.



I own a 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL.



Thanks!



Oh, I was also wondering if there's a cabin air filter inside my car? If so, how do I replace that as well?
How do i change/remove my car's air filter?
Check with your Ford dealer's parts counter on the location of the cabin air filter. My Mercury cleaner is under the the plastic panel where the windshield wipers lie.



The air cleaner is inside the black plastic cold air box on the right hand side of the engine compartment. Follow the location of the throttle body backwards toward the front of the car and you'll run into the box housing for the air cleaner.
How do i change/remove my car's air filter?
Engine air filters are usually housed in a black plastic housing very easy to spot once you open the hood. They are usually held closed with easy to remove clips or retainers. Simple undo or losen retainers/clips and remove and replace filter.



Cabin Air filters are normally located behind the glove box door. accessing on some vehicles requires removing the door and you need to be careful because some have wires or straps that hold the door in place and can be broken easily.



refer to your owners manual
That car doesn't need the spark plugs to be replaced until 100,000 miles.
  • face nail siding
  • client side script
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment