Thursday, September 15, 2011

What will happen if I don't change my air filter?

last time I got an oil change they wrote on my bill %26quot;Air filter needs to be changed immediately%26quot;

I kind of have a money problem right now so I want to wait until my next oil change (about 3 months from now) to get my air filter changed. What will happen if I wait that long? I dont even know what the air filter is.
What will happen if I don't change my air filter?
If you don't change it now, the car will start to run poorly and eventually if it gets bad enough it won't run at all. Air filters are under $20.00 for most cars, they usually sit on top or to either side inside of the front fenders in a box.



Look in your owners manual for it's location or put the type of vehicle into a search engine to find it.



If you really can't afford a new one, then take the old one out and bang it on the ground and try to vacuum or blow some of the dirt out of it, it should last you a little longer.
What will happen if I don't change my air filter?
The air filter takes dust out of the air that is drawn into the motor to mix with petrol (or diesel,gas). The air %26amp; petrol is mixed together, goes into the cylinder, then the sparkplug fires, %26amp; this is how the motor works. If the filter gets too clogged less air can get in which results in the motor running (rich). In short, you are using more petrol than you should, %26amp; it is not good for the motor. Filters are not expensive, get one of your friends to buy one %26amp; put it in for you..
Gas milage will suffer 10% or more if it is really dirty, nothing else too bad will happen you will end up spending the money on gas probably so change it now, you will notice a performance decrease as well but other than that nothing serious.
well it can prolly stretch.but it can suck a hole thru it and all the **** will go thru the filter.it happend on our trucks at work.cost 15000 for a new engine.but 4-5000 miles shouldnt hurt it.
The air filter filters air. It is a part.
  • african american hair
  • any advice appreciated
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment