Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I change the air filter for my air conditioning unit?

This is new for me. I have a central air conditioning unit outside my home. BDP Co. model # 561CJ024-B. I know to change my furnace filter, but I want to find out if the central air unit also has a filter. If so how do I replace it. I've looked on line and found info about removing a panel to access the filter, but I'm not seeing one.
How do I change the air filter for my air conditioning unit?
If your air conditioner is part of your furnace system, it's your furnace filter that you need to replace. If there isn't one there, you need to measure the opening and put one in.



If your a/c is a unit that is entirely independent from the furnace, you will need to locate its air handler and find the filter there to be replaced.



I searched your model number and couldn't determine which yours is.
How do I change the air filter for my air conditioning unit?
Your furnace filter is the same one for your AC filter. The furnace acts as a airhandler doing the AC season and runs the indoor blower motor. The indoor AC coil and The blower motor are kept clean throughout the season with that filter.
It all depends on how thye tied the system in. If it is what we call a stand alone unit and is not tied into the furance. Then yes the unit should have a filter. If it tied into the furance then the furance filter is the one to keep changed. Alot of installers will put a sticker on the installed units just call them if they are a good company they will be glade to help this is just good PR for the company. Good Luck!!!
If you have a furnace your outdoor ac unit will not have a filter. The only time an outdoor unit has a filter is in a package unit. Meaning both the heating and cooling is in the same unit outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment